the greatest injury is caused by inaction.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He had never heard a name like hers before. Tayui. It was strange and beautiful. He found that it suited her. He repeated the name in his head, testing the flavor of it. He wanted to say it aloud, but restrained himself. It was just this side of exotic, syllables he had never thought to form before. After a moment, he decided that he liked it very much. The white wolf smiled her way. "My name is Lannen Haddix."

Although his eyes didn't stray from her, his ears perked at the sounds of the pups at play. The way she watched them, so protectively, it was obvious that she was their mother. And puppies didn't grow from the ground, which meant that this female more than likely had a male in her life. He was surprised to feel a surge of jealousy.

In Long Lake, he had known his fair share of the game of love and heartbreak - but it had never really touched him that way. He knew women, loved women, couldn't get enough of women. But he had never been entirely particular, or jealous. It was an uncomfortable feeling.

He couldn't smell a male anywhere around, but shrugged at it internally. There wasn't anything to stop him from talking to her, getting to know her. She seemed nice enough. The only other female he had met around here had been Ember, but she hadn't stricken quite a chord with Lannen the way Tayui had. He smiled, thinking on Leland and his lady troubles. It seemed they were catching, or that the women of AniWaya were particularly lovely. "I've been part of the tribe for a short while. Have you been here long?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread