the greatest injury is caused by inaction.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/18.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Your kiri-tar is smokin'! ;D
There was a pause. He inhaled, exhaled, glanced, moved, felt, paused, and -- the wind -- spoke. She smiled, nodding slowly watching his eyes as they watched her. A deep, cherry crimson. The colour of endurance and thought. A different kind of crimson from the blood that spilled out of wounds. They were blood, yes, but the kind of blood that powered your body, the kind imbued with life. Not death. Wounds bled death. Bodies imbued life.

Her smile widened.

She could see him thinking, could see the different emotions as they passed through his eyes, then faded just as quickly. She saw him watching the puppies and chuckled quietly to herself. These four young children had brought so many new faces into her life and reunited her with others. Ember had been the first to see them and the first to congratulate Tayui. Aurèle had seen them, made her acknowledgements in her own, twisted way, and Dawali had dropped by as well. And now, this pleasant fellow would be brought to her with her children. Her children. Not ours. She could greedily hold them close and defend them from the realities of the world until they were old enough to do so themselves. There was no we, us, or ours. She had no need for the male that fathered them, but she would not hold it against him, either. Things like this happened. Wonderful things like this.

Her smile widened once more.

She glanced to Lannen -- Lannen Haddix he had said -- noting how he had shifted his gaze from the puppies to her. I've been part of the tribe for a short while. Have you been here long? Tayui nodded quickly in reply, pausing to affirm the location of each puppy, then looked back to the male to reply. "I've been here for some time. Not since the beginning. Ayegali and her family came here and established the tribe. I found them only a few days before then and I've been here ever since." It was a lovely place, one she certainly did not mind raising her children here. She had her friends -- Ember, Pilot, Dawali -- and her family -- the puppies and Aurèle, who came by every so often -- food and comfort. Perhaps something was missing. Perhaps not. Even if there was something missing, she could not pinpoint what it was. She was surrounded by so many, but wondered -- just for a moment -- if there was something more.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread