looking over my shoulder
[html]

Arkham had heard the approaching footsteps, soft and muffled as they were in the snow. It had been eeriely silent otherwise, as if the fog had the ability to not only mask the world around him, but also the sounds of birds in the trees and the rustling of smaller animals in the underbrush. He wasn't used to lots of forest in the first place, but even he knew there should have been more noise than that. Or maybe he was just so paranoid at someone jumping out at him that everything just seemed so much quieter to him. A side effect of being half-blinded probably, and the white mist only seemed to be thickening. He had tensed and stayed where he was, part of him hoped that maybe whoever it was would just pass by without noticing him, but when whoever it was finally came into view, he relaxed somewhat.

The voice was not threatening, but further, the man fit the description that his brother had given him as a safety net. You're Ahren, he said without preamble. The grey pup wagged his tail once, I'm looking for my sister Rachias. Pause. And maybe my dad. If he wasn't in a grinning mood.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread