looking over my shoulder
[html]

indent Ahren laughed lightly, amused by the boy’s outburst. Clearly, Gabriel had gone to lengths to warn the children of their father. It was right that way, they should be aware of the grinning reaper that was as much a part of Laruku as the demon that lived in Ahren was. Brothers, lovers, sister, mother, father. They were all the same, even if the bodiless, amorphous creatures chose to inhabit these temporary and often malleable forms. “Your sister is fine,” the red eyed man said, that thin, odd smile on his face. “Whatever else your dad may be, I doubt he’ll hurt his own daughter.” If he did, Ahren would kill him where he stood. That was one crime he could not forgive. “He’s as well as he can be,” Ahren continued, tongue ring flashing in the gray light. “I’ve known him for years. He’s never been completely okay, but he’s not as bad as he has been.” He had been doing better, it seemed. Suicidal, depressed, dreaming of the end of days…but still trying, even though he didn’t know why. They all were, really.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread