looking over my shoulder
[html]

No one had ever told him that life would be easy, but knowing that it would be hard and unfair didn't make any less hard or unfair. And he found himself feeling a bit sorry for everyone, just because it seemed inevitable that something awful happen. He wondered what had happened to his father to make him dangerous and whether he'd really "come around." There were no absolutes in the world, no guaruntees, and even he who had yet to face any real hardships or tragedies already knew that. Ahren did not sound uncertain, but Arkham understood more than even he himself realized. And he wondered if either he or his sister or anyone else could help their father from whatever it was that haunted him. He wanted to.

Arkham Lykoi, he answered quietly, a little distracted now. Part of him wanted to find his father more than ever, but the other half was even more afraid. Then he looked up again, Hey, if you know my dad; does that mean you know my mom too? It seemed like a long shot, but his mother was already fading quickly in his memory and he didn't like that. And with so much on his mind right then, the obvious facts escapted him -- of course Ahren knew Kaena; how else could he have had children with her also? Arkham was perceptive, but he was still a kid.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread