Little did they know
[html]

Triangular ears perked and silver eyes slowly scanned the area in response to the words of the wolf. Exaggeratedly Lysander searched for the “little friend” and finding no one but himself offered the male a convincing but fake grin. “Oh well, me then? Alright...” Lysander took a moment to pause, or pretend to pause. Of course he had his words all planned out, he had long before he ever reached the borders of this pack. Having months to travel and nothing to see and no one to talk with left one well prepared. Numerous situations of when he had arrived at his new home had been played out, and every one of them ended in his favor. Sometimes the hand of cards that got dealt was harder to play than others, but Lysander was a pro. He’d trumped in the end, eventually.

Easily and rehearsed he let his ear fall back and his steel eyes advert from the wolf. He knew proper protocol, wolves were far more concerned with signs of submission than dogs were, it was a common myth that the two subspecies did not have their difference in social behavior. “I, errrm, I was hoping that there might be some extra space here, for me to ya know, uhh... stay.” His words sounded unsure and shaky, and Lysander enjoyed throwing in the hesitant “errrms” for good measure. Sounding like a clueless idiot was thrilling, he had good practice mocking Leland and Lyle.

Physically Lysander shuffled uneasily on his feet, mentally Lysander wore a shit eating grin. Most likely even if DaVinci managed to discover Lysander’s true self, which was nearly impossible and Lysander wasn’t sure he even knew it, the wolf wouldn’t find the humor in all of the dog’s make believe games and personas, and Lysander couldn’t explain it. One of his many aliases begged to be released, but Ly knew that if he were indeed to live here, he would get tired of no one knowing his true name. Better to be up-front now and devious later. “My name... is Lysander.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread