so put me on a highway and show me a sign.
[html]

Anselm seemed to possess a lot of natural tension, and unless this energy was dissipated somehow he would snap. Fortunately for the rest of the world, her father had found several outlets for just such a release: sex was but one of them. When no willing females were available, he exercised with borderline obsession. Occasionally, only when he felt very secure, he would turn to foreign substances that dizzied the mind and soothed the soul. Rarely would the public see him in such a state; Maz had seem him like that once, but she knew it had nothing to do with her. Instead, she recognised Boomer's influence in enticing the golden male to let it go and relax. She still wasn't entirely sure about the extent of their history together.
Either way, Maserati was pleasantly surprised when Tal mentioned Anselm helping her; she hadn't been the first. Savina had mentioned something similar. Considering Anselm's devotion to Gabriel, perhaps it wasn't so surprising that he would help his daughter... but it still spoke better of his character. Ahh, glad to hear, she said, genuinely pleased for Talitha's sake, although her tone was still slightly troubled. Oi must say, 's been interestin' learning 'bout his history here. Oi really didn't get to know him that well, he basically sent me on my way here... She trailed off, frowning, then shrugged. Oi guess there's just more to 'im than first impressions would imply, she resolved.
Either way, 'e don't seem the sort to make promises 'e doesn't intend to keep. Oi'm sure he'll turn up sooner 'r later, she offered. As for m'self, Oi might stick 'round awhile longer... down south in the city Oi heard 'bout, at least. Oi'd never left home before this trip, so to me 's something of a vacation, though Oi do intend to go back eventually. Oi think if nothin' else Oi want to stick around 'til 'e gets back... mostly since Oi told Ryan Oi'd offer a hand with Valkyrie if she needs it. Although the dark girl's opinion of Anselm was gradually being moulded into something more positive, this trip had always been for the sake of the relatives he'd carelessly left behind... and now that she knew Ryan had birthed a daughter in Anselm's absence, she felt all the more obliged to stick around and help. They were family, after all.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread