righteous making money in the name of god
[html]
Had those heads on those pikes deserved what they had gotten? Corona couldn't really say, but not because she wasn't supposed to. “The skulls up there are older than I am, so I'm not sure I could tell you whether or not they deserved it.” Come to think of it, she wondered inwardly if Gabriel had found them lying around the Waste or had dug them up from somewhere. They could have belonged to anyone, wolf or coyote, even dog. Maybe feline, though the shape and size of the heads were far too consistent for that. “They're bleached from the sun, which only happens over a lot of time and exposure to the elements.” It didn't matter to whether or not he knew those things, but she told him anyway. It was in her nature, if only from the study of medicine that she had learnt it from.

“So who knows where they came from,” she said with a shrug and a shake of her head. “We only put them up there as a warning, anyway. Hybrids and coyotes here are the oppressed people and have been for years. If we stray too far from our home and alone, we get attacked.” But things had been that way for decades and Corona doubted it would have changed. Coyotes were the scavengers who picked up what the wolves threw away. “I hope you don't or haven't gotten the misfortune of meeting anyone who would rather have your head on a plate while you're here.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread