Misunderstandings, and little furballs?
[html]

I love puppieeessss
Word count: 480

A smile was quickly spread on Dawali's face as Tayui's attempt at introducing the children was cut short. It seemed they wanted to do it themselves, something which was far more entertaining for Dawali. He missed children, and was very glad the pack now had some of them. A few young ones had been with them when they had arrived here, but they had either gone off somewhere (perhaps on their journey), or they might have gone back to help. He did not know, no-one had told him anyways. A proud little boy jumped forward into the conversation ostentatiously, whilst happily playing with the snow. After a little break of some more shuffling of the white material, more names came spilling out of the boy, along with a little rudeness directed at his litter-brother. Dawali still smiled, and was looking at this lad who so craved his attention, and once he mentioned his brother in such a negative way, he arched his eyebrow slightly - but his smile only broadened. Tayui quickly looked back at the other boy, but he seemed to have his mind on other things and had not noticed. A quick reprimand followed, and the young boy with the ostentatious personality quickly threw an apology into the air. Dawali chuckled, and Tayui gave him her children's names again, this time without any speech errors. The names were exotic to Dawali's eyes; none of them were alike anything any tribesmember would have named them. But with new lands came new customs and new names, he supposed. He did not mind, it was a contribution in itself, really. His yellow eyes looked at the children in turn, before he spoke to them. Hello children. My name is Dawali, I'm a friend of your mother! He smiled, knowing quite well they probably wouldn't be able to keep their focus on him at all (small children had an attention span the size of a moth), thus not remember him either. He looked up to their mother again, and spoke - this time to her. I had intended to come before, but I was uncertain.. some women don't like contact right after the birth. But you are o.k. it seems. Is there anything you need?

Gvihita's keen eyes penetrated the female in front of him, and he glanced up to her uncertainly. What was it with her lately? Was it the new lands, the pups, Tayui? He'd never know, probably. Such a strange being, she was. But she seemed to have a keen interest in this family, for some reason, and she probably had her reasons for not sharing the reason with him. The bird was so.. happy. She had always been cranky. It was beyond Dawali's wits to understand. The glance lasted a mere second before his eyes were back on Tayui, lingering there as he waited for her response.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin

[/html]

Messages In This Thread