Misunderstandings, and little furballs?
[html]

xD
Word count: 429

His greeting did go down well, and the children responded with first a girl choir shouting his name, and Attila playing with the word. Claudius seemed to be a quiet little boy, having some sort of natural shyness about him. The red wolf male was always astonished at how much personality a small child could show, even at a very young age. Often, though, the personality they had as a child was not the same as they had at a later stage, but it didn't change the fact that they were highly individual even at such a young age. It was fascinating.

Tayui was honest in her response to him, and Dawali was glad. He didn't appreciate it when people were overly modest, and said no to something they might need. In those cases it felt as if they disrespected his offer for assistance, as if they thought he offered simply because he felt like he had to, but didn't really want to. It was folly, and anyone who turned down an offer of help from Dawali, when they did need one really, had failed at understanding his personality. It was some sort of a mild insult, although it was their problem in the end. Tayui did not misunderstand, however, and quickly revealed that she did have some need for assistance. As sub-leader he felt the responsibility for her, and as her friend he did as well, and would naturally help her out. There was no question about it. I understand that - I know how it feels. It was more than true, and when Aiyanna had been young enough he too had relied on help from the other members, especially family. Although for him it had been easier; he'd only had one child, and he could hunt with a bow. Being able to kill the prey from a distance made it easier to bring the child along, maybe in a little pouch on the back or something. It had sorted itself nicely. I have some fish back at my place as well which I was thinking to have later in the week, I can drop them off if you want. Smiling, he looked to the children as Tay gave them leave to play in the clearing nearby, their eager squeals as they set off as fast as their little paws could carry them tearing in his ears, but pleasantly. The two of them were alone now, and perhaps Dawali could muster the strength to ask about another thing that was on his mind; their father and his whereabouts.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin

[/html]

Messages In This Thread