Misunderstandings, and little furballs?
[html]

Poor Dawali, so awkward, lol
Word count: 512

The female stated facts that Dawali knew as truths. Those kids might feel hunger for food, that was fair enough, but they also hungered for your attention, for your life, your things, everything you had, and you had no choice but to give in. Becoming a parent meant that selfishness would have to stand aside, because your life wasn't all about you anymore. Now it was all about someone else, and then - if there was time when the little furballs were sleeping - it could be all about you. Until the sun rose, at least. Dawali chuckled as she spoke, remembering and agreeing with her words. She asked whether he was a father, and his mind flew to Asha, whose presence had been as much as nonexistent for the most part, so far. Dawali knew she was here somewhere, but it didn't seem like she was interacting with the tribe members a lot. In any way, Tayui obviously had missed the point about their relation. Smiling, he turned his head to glance tot he clearing where the children were, and replied. Hehe, yeah I remember. But it's a long time ago now, and I only had one at a time. His head turned back to look at the light-pelted female in front of him. I guess that was both fortunate and unfortunate. He hadn't wished for the other pups to die, of course, but when he had taken care of Aiyanna and all the sick at once, it had been pretty hectic. It had been a blessing, then, in a way.

Again his head turned in the direction of the playing pups, and his face grew more serious. He didn't like the situation he was putting himself in, and he hoped very much that Tayui would not be upset. He doubted she would be, even if it was a touchy subject, but there was always the risk.. what did he know? Mustering some strength for a second or two whilst glancing back, he looked to the female again and presented her with his real errand today. Yellow eyes shifted and his toes would not stop dancing as he spoke, quietly, and feeling quite nervous, although one could not tell by the voice. Please don't be offended by this but... who is the father? Maintaining his gaze on her he felt the need to give some explanation to why he was asking this information of her. He only meant well, honestly. You see.. it's not custom for a female to have to be alone with the pups, unless she is a widow, and.. well... Of course no one can deny you being here, and no one will think any less of you, and I'm not saying anything like that, but if there is one alive he should.. step up to the responsibility, perhaps? His words were clumsy, his sentences poor, but sincerely he hoped she would understand it as an act of goodwill. He meant only to offer his help to a good friend, even though the way there might be bumpy.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]

Messages In This Thread