Misunderstandings, and little furballs?
[html]
Dawali's answer was unexpected; she had never heard of hunting in one's Optime form, especially not as a pack. Intrigued, she raised her eyebrows -- then frowned, trying to figure out how that might work. Were luperci not fastest in their Secui forms? And more used to their Lupus forms? She knew of a travelling gypsy band-turned-pack that had utilized their Optime form more than the creatures native to Nova Scotia, but still found the idea strange. Although she shifted regularly, choosing a form based on the task she would complete, she was uncertain of how hunting in one's Optime form could be beneficial. They could not run quickly and their balance was reduced. Comparatively, her Secui form was much larger than her Lupus form; her mass increased dramatically and her muscle mass increased. But her Optime form had always seemed so... weak. Better for reading and writing, not... hunting and killing. Her musculature was not as pronounced and she felt as though it was too "dainty" for lack of a better word. As such, Dawali's answer perplexed her, for she could not figure out how hunting in their Optime form could offer any benefits.

"How do you do that? I could understand hunting in our Secui form, which I regularly do, since you have the added strength and speed, but... how could you hope to be successful in a hunt in your Optime form?" She tilted her head, frowning slightly. She was not unpleased or annoyed at Dawali's answer; just curious. She had no idea how this tribe worked, and she felt as though Dawali was spending a great deal of time (re)educating her on how life worked. The traditions and customs of the tribe were so different here; it would take some getting used to. At the same time, it had been many seasons since she had been a pack member. Perhaps she was just allowing her pride to get in the way. She no longer led a pack; she was a member, like everyone else, no matter what she had done before. Even if she had spoken to Gabriel, he would not regard her now as he had then. She had been a leader, someone whose opinion was not taken lightly. Now? She was a mother of four with no father to speak of in a pack where child-rearing was to be done by a unit of two. Her pride had gotten in the way. She understood now. She had told Dawali Haku was dead (which, to Tayui, he was), but had not considered... No. What had she not considered? She understood the impact it would have on her children. But she had not ever considered what it would do to her. Again, she frowned. "Would you be willing to teach my children on I how... you do this?" A compromise. Her pride would have to wait.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread