Misunderstandings, and little furballs?
[html]

Yeah that sounds good! This thread has been one of my favorites Big Grin
Word Count: 452

Dawali listened as his friend seemed to struggle slightly with putting into words what she felt. Broken or unfinished sentences tumbled around each other, although Dawali was not new to this situation. Many had been married into the tribe, and every time, if they came from a "four-legged lifestyle" as he liked to call it, they struggled to understand these new concepts. What was new to Dawali, however, was that now he was a sub-leader, and it was his responsibility to make sure that every tribesmember got the answers they wanted. Another thing that was new was the idea that four-legged hunting would be better than two-legged hunting. He'd been brought up in this lifestyle, and on two legs he was at his strongest, most confident. His life situation, in that sense, was vastly different from Tayui's. So different that it was unlikely either of them could comprehend the distance between them. Still, Dawali considered her questions while trying to imagine that he had been brought up on four legs. Only a few thoughts came to mind when searching for explanations, as he could not compare one thing he knew with something he did not know.

I have never hunted on four legs. In fact, I only take that form if I am going to travel far without a horse. The male shrugged as he admitted his flawed knowledge on the subject of four-legged life. He was not perfect, and there were a million things he didn't know anything about. I was hoping, perhaps, that I could one day learn from any of you guys, who've joined since we came here. It can be useful to know these things, one never know when it can come in handy. Smiling, Dawali paused while considering what else Tayui had said. Advantages versus disadvantages, she had said. As for our traditional way of hunting, it's very different, of course. Mostly it is the art of damaging the prey from a distance. I guess that way it is safer than running alongside dangerous wapiti hooves - they have a very powerful kick. Using a device that shoots knife-like weapons called arrows, we kill them from afar. Usually though, we have a few members also trying to chase and scare them in the right direction, on four legs. So, like I said, there is room for both. His hands moved in natural patterns, not consciously moved by Dawali, but an automatic action. The red-furred face with white markings had a mild expression now, as the male was doing his best to give some answers that were comprehensible. Certainly, if he had been the one introduced to four-legged life, he'd be as confused as she was now.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]

Messages In This Thread