[leader] flickering lights .j.
ah okay, i'll keep that in mind. just pretend she was in her regular form in the first post. xP
[html]
mall-caps;">BY MISERY

Asphyxia did not doubt that Naxolone would be close behind her, children in tow. Naxolone had always been the responsible parent and by far the perfect mate. He’d stuck with her through her drunken stupors and taken care of the children. In fact, it almost made her question her mate’s sanity. How could anyone in their right mind stick by someone with so many issues tied to her? When she was drunk, it seemed normal to her, for Naxolone to do what he did. But now in her sobriety, she was frightened that her ways might lead to Naxolone having too much to deal with and leaving her. Something she did not want.

She was coming to Bleeding Souls to make a new life, to the root of her problems and to try and fix them. She wanted a better life for her children, she wanted to be a good mother to them and a better mate to Naxolone. Perhaps she could end her addiction to drinking [or at least minimize it] if she worked hard enough. She had all the reasons in the world to be a better person, yet she still was nothing more than a half-sane creature.

And in her thoughts, she did not even notice her daughter approaching until the matching crimson eyes were staring back at hers, her daughter’s mouth agape. The question and its harsh tones stung the aging woman, and she looked away from Faolin, not wanting to show the hurt in her eyes, which were just like the ones of the female before her.

When she finally got enough courage to look back into the red eyes, the memories came back. Faolin, her daughter, who’d suffered the beatings and endured the coldness of the man who Asphyxia had foolishly run back to. "I’m sorry," she whispered, surprised to feel her eyes glazing over with tears that she quickly blinked away, hoping that her daughter had not spotted them. The words were so full of meaning, so full of apology for everything she had put her daughter through, they were not empty, and those two, overused words, and for once seemed like just the right thing to say. "I’ve come back for you and your brother, for my other children and mate. They should be arriving shortly. I’ve thrown away my life, Faolin, and I wish for it back," she offered quietly, "I didn’t know where else to go."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread