A hunting we will go
[html]

Word Count: 356

Dawali nodded at Leland's response and played with the arrow in his hands as he looked around. Quickly spotting what he was looking for - a tree with a fairly thick trunk, and of the right kind of tree - Dawali took a few steps forward and took the bow from his back. Showing Leland how it looked would take only seconds - if he wanted to learn properly Dawali could teach him later, if he wanted. Or someone else could. Right now though, his stomach craved something to be put in it, and the mention of those wapiti hadn't quieted it. Taking the handle in his left hand and stretching it straight out in front of him, shoulder level, he grabbed the wooden piece attached to the string with his right hand, arrow already placed between his fingers, and pulled the strong, but elastic string backwards, shoulder level. He had no plans to break this arrow on a tree, however, so he didn't stretch it far. This is how it's used, basically you aim along the arrow - it's quite simple. When I want to shoot I release the tension on the string here, and the arrow goes flying. Of course, the more stretching, the more power. Deftly, his hand let go of the string and the arrow shot forward, hitting the tree trunk, but not penetrating the bark. Instead the arrow fell to the ground, and this had been exactly Dawali's intention. Making arrows was one of the most boring things the male could think of. Jogging calmly over to the tree he picked up the arrow and shot a glance at it - good, it was still useable. And now the mix would have a rough idea of what it looked like, could be handy for the coming situation he meant to put him in. Surely the male had hunted on four legs, right? So how about those wapiti, then? Care to scare one in my direction, and I'll shoot it at an angle safe for you. Would best be something young though, can't take a bull with just one or two arrows.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]

Messages In This Thread