crooked spoons
[html]

Holy god, sorry for the wait yet again. Would you like to do a fade-to-black after a few more posts?

Kansas had wondered what the title of the play could possibly mean, but now he'd connected it to the woman the men were trying to improve the woman's behavior. There were so many deeper meaning within Shakespeare's writings, those that went much further than just a silly title. Reading this book make him feel like he had jewels in his mouth. He hoped perhaps Mati might feel the same way someday.

He grinned widely, very obviously pleased that she wanted to learn. More that she didn't mind him teaching her. "Okay, great." He reached for his worn black satchel. As he opened it and began to sift through its contents, he listened to Mati's curious question. And he did know she was speaking of Naniko. "Well, not always..." he said, pulling out a crudely-sharpened pencil and a few scraps of paper. "I've known her since I was a little younger than you. She's a good friend of mine." Hopefully, Mati need never find out about his and her mother's rocky history.

Using the book as a writing surface, he scratched a sentence on the paper. My name is Mati. "Different letters have different sounds. These," he pointed to the different symbols, "are letters. They form words, and the words form ideas..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread