thread title missing
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The world was spinning, and Geneva felt as though her head was spinning with it. Everything came too fast, a blur of color, a splash of emotion. The harsh red of pain as it jolted through her head like jagged lightning. A slash of gray as she peered the clouds through the window. The stricken blue of Anu's eyes that struck her with more force than a mac truck. It was all too much for her to focus on at once.

She didn't say anything to refute Anu's words. She knew that she had never lied. And Geneva had never lied to Anu. She could never dream of lying to her. When she had professed her love, she had meant it more ardently than any other words she had uttered ever before. She bit her tongue to keep from calling out her name, to keep from letting her feelings take her over.

Her voice was still ragged as her lips slipped back down to cover her teeth. She spoke, and the snarl was absent from her voice. But her voice was heavy, raw as though she had screamed for days. "You have everything," she said. "You have a mate, you have children." You have me and you always will.

She looked at her, moving past her to reach the door first. She had lost all those things - Jordan and her own children. She knew the pain of that loss, and she would not let Anu know the bitter taste. Nor would she be party to that lost. She would keep that pain from Anu, even if it doubled her own loss. "I--Anu," she started, the vulnerability evident in her voice. "You don't need to stay away..."

She slipped the satchel over her shoulder, and looked for a long moment. "I'm leaving." And she slipped out of Haven Mansion, intent on the borders.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread