No, you can't understand what I'm going through
And if the world has changed, well, I'll be damned
Oh, 'cause I'm no good at being brave
Not even on the better days
And there are things we cannot save
No matter how hard we try
There is nothing else that you can do
No, you can't understand what I'm going through
And if the world has changed, well, you'll do fine...

Solid, strong and rooted. Like a tall oak, larger then she could ever be or ever imagined. Blue eyes watched, knowing Geneva would see how she felt. Knowing that their body would touch, and their minds would clear. The hearts would beat as one, and any doubt that passed through her mind would be gone. They would laugh at the idea that there could be lies between them. And her pounding, pained and aching heart would be cradled softly in her chest.

What a fool.

The world fell, the boards that surrounded her. Each plank, each brick, each nail that made the building around her fell. Slowly that walls crashed, turning into dust. The roof lifted, showing the darkness of night, though no stars shone through the curtain. Just one solid space above. Anu looked down, to see no floor but a mirror of the sky. Geneva’s words came as muffled cries. And Anu looked to see the back of the fey, and she knew.

Ripping, tearing.

Her breath stopped, caught and unable to be recovered. Again and again she tried, taking in the air that no longer surrounded her. It was thick, unable to flow into her lungs. Gone, the doorway fell leaving nothing but the black that flooded it from the shadowing sky. Her chest rose and fell, searching for the air. A paw felt it, pushing to help its fight. Still nothing happened.

On the absent floor.

She had everything, children that weren’t hers, a mate who would never trust her again. A family that would soon dissipate like her surroundings. Anu had everything. Had. A dream, something that she wouldn’t have again. The seconds ticked away, a large clock in her mind resonated each second in her ears. Another gasp, just another try. She had everything, pieces of her life that she held with clinging fingers. Knees touch the ground that no longer held her and eyes blinked, tears falling freely.

Hand against her chest.

Silence, it was shattering. Everything had disappeared, and all she could focus on was the vibration that she lacked. The pounding had been the rhythm of her being. Pressing harder, she couldn’t even feel it. There was no thunder, no lightning crashes. No beating hoofs and no gunfire. Nothing, empty and hollow. Her breath had returned, and hardly filled the space. It was wrong, pure and simple. The ache was numb, the pain had only filtered into every other cell of her form. Yet the ever presence of the pounding muscle had ceased.

What she had was gone.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread