I'm just you, you're just me
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the wait! 300+

The ogre knew it had lost. The dragon was not that big, but in this cave there was enough space to fly away. And indeed it was exactly what it was doing, just out of reach of her daggers. The burns still hurt and if she ever came out of this alive, there would be scars to remind her of her greed and foolishness. However, when the orange dragon swooped down on her, the ogre knew that her time was up. Her ears bled and she shrieked once more with pain. It all blurred before her eyes, a kaleidoscope of colour, sound and the smell of her own fear. The claws dug into her thick skin and she felt herself tumbling on her back, the grit and rocks of the cavern floor lodging themselves between folds of fat, rubbing away. The ogre was defeated. The agony of the loss was not nearly as bad as the physical pain and mortal danger she was in, but still she felt that she had lost more through defeat than her life. For an ogre, intelligence was not the key: this particular one had lost to its greed and utter stubbornness.

Brooklyn opened her eyes and looked at her brother. Well, there they were, the invincible dragon and the dead ogre. In their pretend world, she knew that she had become dragon food for a good long while. However, here and now, she was with her brother and she felt so much better for it. Smiling at him, she pointed out, I know you won and you get to keep your gold, but get off! You're heavy for a dragon, Haven! The white pup wagged her tail and the light in her eyes clearly indicated she was joking. But it had been such a fun thing to do! Brooklyn could only hope that they would be able to play again together in the future. Right now, she wanted to see how Haven had been doing. She'd really missed talking to her brother.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread