the chance of a lifetime
[html]

Okies. Post again within three days if you still want to post, then I'll close it.
Word Count: 443

Catherine's arm was useless, and he saw that she quickly realized her place. He'd rather have her go home and tend to her arm than stick around and watch him do the dirty work with the fallen prey, although it was a lot of work for just one man. He'd probably be at it all day, and silently he looked around him - hoping to catch a glimpse of Caliber. She'd been there earlier, although in the midst of fighting and shooting his arrows and the like he'd lost track of everything, thus she could be about anywhere now. For all he knew she could be hurt, and for that reason he would take a checking trip as soon as Catherine left, both to know that Caliber was allright, and in case she might be able to help him with all this.. meat. Hell, the whole tribe could feast on this for.. well, a week. It was timely, because Ayegali was without doubt preparing for the spring ceremony sometime soon, and all of this would come in handy. They had Catherine to thank for it.

Just as he was standing there, thinking, and absently looking at Catherine's arm, a bird flew nearly into his face, chirping. Now, Dawali was used to birds - and Gvihita was as annoying as any, although Gvihita wasn't .. as real as this one, and his head started back as he looked at the creature with wild eyes. His arms flung up to protect his face, although that was mere reaction from his natural instincts, because he knew the bird wouldn't be harming him, really. He'd seen him with Catherine before, and assumed he was some sort of trained helper to her of sorts. Catherine apologized for her "uselessness", although Dawali, as soon as he had calmed his nerves, waved it away with a gentle movement. Don't worry about it, just go home and take care of your arm. And yes, you should put some pressure on that. Again he looked to the arm, and then at the bird, then the dead cow by his side. Sighing heavily, he turned around in the direction of Bella and smacked his lips to order her to come over. Gvihita sitting on the branch looked gloomily at the bird named Seymour, as if it was her task, and hers alone, to annoy him. Instead, then, of being useful, the great bird took off and flew away - god knew where. That was her way of annoying him. I'd best get started, I guess... Thank you for this Catherine, I think it will be more than enough for us all to feast on.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]

Messages In This Thread