We are all the same
Firefly knew that she wasn't going to get out of the meeting anytime soon and when Cercelee granted them with the truth that for tonight there was no task to be completed or to consider she relaxed slightly. She didn't want to think of what works she could be doing alongside Mew or CWmfen, though she could deal with the two on her own time she didn't like the thought of having to place herself next to them and actually tease out answers to issues that the leaders couldn't work out on their own, or atleast that required further input from the counsil. She rolled the thought of the new committee around in her mind, wondering if there really was anything she could put forth that could ever help the pack.

The golden woman wasn't know for her gentle kindness or warm embrace and most of the pack tended to learn quickly to stay out of her path when she was in a mood. When Cercelee asked her what was more pressing at the moment than the pack's wellbeing she grumbled, her own body aching from the assult of the damn bear she'd gathered when trying to save the loudmouth brat of a pup, Svara. "The future pack's wellbeing speaks in ways out of sight.." she said, her eyes glimmering as she felt a kick to her bladder as she growled softly, not to the leader but the children within, though quieter now than they'd ever been they seemed to know when to cause trouble for the woman, and to get her into trouble.

Firefly could and did show Cercelee respect, though generally she didn't like being forced into a conversation with others and her words showed the white female that just now, a soft warning that though she'd move on with the rank change and perform her duties it wouldn't always be with the softest of graces. She would be who she was and they would have to deal with it. Cercelee had made this choice, not her. She was silent as she thought on what the woman had said, she knew her faults, she knew her flaws.. and she knew the games that she played. Her own strengths were a bit harder to see because she didn't judge herself to often. She narrowed her eyes and pawed at the snow below her as she gave in and decided she'd try this new trial by fire Cercelee wanted to put into play.

While Cwmfen seemed eager to play at the question and answer session Firefly was less so, her emerald eyes lifting only when the other was finished as she spoke up, the bitterness still resting in her voice, "I might not be soft spoken and gentle, but I'm not easily swayed." The woman wasn't swayed easily by fear or even the power of another. She respected Cercelee and it was the woman and not the power she held that Firefly saw in the woman. "and I will speak my mind and don't care at what cost.." She'd felt the last of Cercelee before, she'd driven others to the bring of fear and tears. She would say what was on her mind and she would do what was needed. "..but no matter what you may believe I think of you.. I am loyal to this pack." Her eyes turned to Mew as she spoke, there was little kindness between the two after the news that Mew had brought to the doorstep to the newly mated woman. She still didn't like the woman, and she might act like she didn't like any other packmate in the lands at times.. but she'd thrown her life and that of her unborn children's into a battle for the soul of one of their own.

She could have moved on and acted like she'd never known the dangers Svara had been in but she didn't and she knew she wouldn't in the past. Any hardships and Spats between her and another would only be personal, never something between two packmates.. like every family fought from time to time it was bound to happen in the future with Firefly and another face from their growing clan but she wouldn't endanger the life of another if it could be helped. She glanced away when she was finished speaking, waiting to see just what Mew had to speak on.

Messages In This Thread