now my feet won't touch the ground
[html]

Any time she cried, a place in him chilled. Even when the tears were born of happiness. But seeing the joyful tears stream down her face also made him very happy. He felt... special, for maybe he was the only one who saw her cry of happiness. Her emerald eyes swam with her emotion; if he was shifted he would have wiped her tears away. She pushed her small nose into his coat, her words muffled—but he heard her. And he believed her.

He pulled away to listen as she told him the story of how she'd found out. And briefly, his eyes flickered with doubt. Could she be certain, then? After a short few seconds, he scolded himself. Of course she was sure. She wouldn't have come to him with such excitement if she wasn't sure; she knew herself. Reassured, the Sadira smiled genuinely, his eyes alight.

He knew she would be a wonderful mother. He saw it in the way she cared for the pack. In the little ways she cared for him. "I want them to look just like you." Kansas laughed. Her desire to keep her native language alive in their children was... admirable. He was touched when she offered to teach him, too. "Yeah, of course. I'd love to learn." A few moments passed before he looked at her more seriously, his gaze unwavering. "I'll... take care of them, Savina. I won't let anything happen to them. I promise."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread