The Footing is Treacherous Here
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I hope that you don’t mind me starting it out this way—I needed something that would distract her... I wasn’t sure what form Hybrid would be in, but I have her in Lupus form. And she will be wandering down from Halcyon Mountain from her encounter with Ezekiel ^=^ She’s wandering on the on the northern most tip of the lake in Arachnea’s Revenge.
500+

The world of Halcyon Mountain had been incredible. The juxtaposition of the ashes of the dead and the promise of new life beneath it was a strange thing to touch and experience. But the world had been beautiful on that day as well, and the weather had grown cold once more, despite the efforts of the pale sunlight. And she had encountered—or perhaps he had encountered her—a male of Inferni. It was strange, at first, for the warrior to accept that a creature from that clan could be so mild, but perhaps she had been quick to judge. Perhaps the members of Inferni had put the war behind them. She could not, however, shake the feeling that, if any conflict worth mentioning were to arise, the perpetrator—or, at least, participant—would be Inferni. And because of this intuition, whether it was true or not, the female would exercise her caution.

Silently, with the Raven tailing her from a great height, she had descended the mountains and left that strange world behind. Now, she was creating a great circle intending to return to Dahlia after having explored the unclaimed land about it. Briefly, she had considered wandering near that strange, human jungle of Halifax, but she had decided against it. There was no reason to explore that area at the moment, for she had already been there. Or perhaps she had wanted to go there because there was a chance that she would run into that black, blue-eyed male with whom she had shared a night. But he was a lone wolf and prone to traveling about, and there was no guarantee that he would be there today—at least that’s what she told herself. And she had other matters at hand anyway. She needed to understand the land better. It was what a warrior needed to know.

Surfacing from her thoughts, the black fae found herself a lake. Its depths were strange and blue, and she had a feeling that the waters were deep and gelid, welcoming only to the eyes. And the lake’s beauty did not go unnoticed by the woad bound warrior. But the waters were frozen over, and she was curious as to what the lake would tell her.

Her paws tested the ice, and it was firm, so she continued across it. The sound of the shifting ice cracked about her in a strange melody that sang with a warning. And she heard that warning too late. Already, she was out too far, and the warm sun of earlier days had softened the hard shell of winter. The she-wolf let out a bark of alarm as the ice gave way, and her limbs sought to grasp anything solid. The water that enveloped her body was shockingly cold, and it pulled her down. But some luck was with her, for she was brought back to the surface, and her black claws scraped against the ice as her muscles worked to pull her from that icy grave. The air penetrated through the wetness of her coat as she shook herself. Shivering the female quickly and carefully carried herself from the lake, leaving it behind. And once on land, she could not help but feel that she had been careless and stupid.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread