Had about as much as I can take
[html]

300+
Alexey held her breath as her sister suddenly mustered up the courage to face her problems. They were mere inches away from each other; she could almost feel Adelaida’s rising anxiety just by looking into her radiant blue eyes. Pursing her lips together, the Lierre did nothing but stare directly at the other woman. A billion thoughts jolted through her mind, replacing part of the anger she was feeling by hurt and sadness. Was it too late to mend their relationship? Her heart was being ripped out of her chest, at least that’s what it felt like.
Savina’s words then replayed in the back of her mind, fueling her fury just enough to keep her from breaking down. Lexey dug her claws into the earth as Ade finally spoke up, anticipating some kind of explanation. But Ade gave her nothing. Her sibling had clamped her mouth shut after mumbling only two words. Was that all she could come up with? “You what?” she questioned, her tone of voice unbelievably calm compared to how emotionally wounded she really was. The tawny girl kept her face as impassive as possible, too stubborn to let her feelings show.
Her eyes wandered to the ground for a split second, attempting to catch a glimpse of her chinchilla companion. She knew Pickles had been staying with Adelaida all this time, but now she wanted him back. When Adelaida failed a second time at forming a coherent sentence, Lexey took matters into her own hands. She knew how things worked with her sister; Ade only spoke rationally whenever she was angry, oddly enough. “Last time? Oh, you mean the time you made me feel like shit when I admitted to being a Luperci. Yeah, I remember,” she paused, examining her sibling’s reaction before continuing her little speech. ”I bet you can imagine my surprise when I found out you were one of them too,”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread