Build God, then we'll talk.
[html]

Only his name was spoken and she knew. Her demeanor seemed to change, even if it wasn't so obvious, but Conri knew it was there. She knew what he had done, they probably all knew by now, but not even that knowledge caused Conri to sway. He was used to being beat up over it, used to being degraded and insulted, even if it was usually by himself. He accepted it only because he knew that he was wrong, that he deserved it all, and he never wanted to let himself forget it. It was, perhaps, in part because of his children. He didn't want to chance hurting them, but it also might have been because he still loved her. Despite all that he had done and all that she had done, he still felt like he needed her.

"I'm not a moron." He told her matter-of-factly, despite the fact that everything he had done then had labeled him as such. "That's why I haven't been there." It was only kind of true though, it was hard not to pass by the lands, but he had never really gone inside. Of course, he'd never admit that he had waited outside for Salem to come and see him. "So long as they're being cared for, that's all that matters." He tried to hide the shock in his voice, the surprise that filled his eyes the moment that she said she was Naniko's mate. He hadn't ever known her to like women, it had always been the two of them even since they were young, but he supposed love had no true bounds.

"I tried to get her to kill me." He told her quietly, as she stepped closer to him. He could see it in her eyes, her wish to wring his neck right then and there. "My mother, I mean, but she wouldn't." He supposed she wasn't the best one to ask though, but even Deuce wouldn't do it when he had asked her to. None of them had. Did they all hold some ounce of faith in him still or was the world just that uncaring now? Conri wasn't entirely sure.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread