Beneath the Starlit Sky
[html]

You’re fine, ^=^
500+

The male, Biler’a, looked directly into her eyes. The female met his gaze effortlessly, and her own held a weight and ferocity. The female may have been timid in social situations, but the warrior had no difficulty asserting herself. And this Filix was being quite bold, so openly challenging his superior in that old lupine way, one that was unmistakable. But the yellow-eyed male was not hostile, simply arrogant, and overtly so, the female thought. Yet, because of the challenge’s passive nature, the female chose to ignore it. And despite her diminished physical state, the female’s resolve was not weak. That was not to say that she allowed his gaze to deter her, for she held the intensity of her gaze with that graceful ease until that yellow gaze strayed from her own.

Then the male whispered, smiled. The woad warrior lifted a brow as an amused smile flickered across her maw. “So direct,” the female murmured quietly. She was silent for a moment, considering him before nodding almost imperceptibly to herself. “I know,” the black fae agreed quietly. She paused again, as if considering answering the latter inquiry. “I have, once or twice.” It was twice, to be precise, but the male did not need to know that. And then the silence between them filled once more as she allowed him to wait for her answer. But it was already made.

“I won’t give it to you,” the warrior responded quietly, but the amused smile was still on her maw. She considered the male once more, her white eyes traveling freely over him. When she had assessed his physique enough, her gaze returned to the yellow eyes. “If you need a reason, I can give you one,” the female continued. “For one, you’re not my type. I’m drawn to the darkness in people—” perhaps because of her father “—but I prefer a refined darkness.” From what she had seen, he was crude. She did not see gentility in him, only that uncontrolled cocky demeanor. “And even if my body were hungry for it, you do not intrigue me to that extent.” The warrior paused, as if debating whether to continue. “But, if you have not noticed, my body cannot handle such intimacy. Why do you think that I have not risen to greet you, Filix?” His lack of observation surprised the female. The female, as if in the voicing of it, felt suddenly tired, and she let herself fall completely to the earth. Perhaps, if the male had wanted to, he could have tried to take his pleasures upon her. But to do so would be a mistake.

The female did not roll over onto her back, but stayed upon her stomach, for the long wound there would have been agitated by the grass. With a sigh, the female released some of the tension in her muscles, but the dull pain of her body throbbed and pulsed incessantly. “I’m sorry to spoil your plans for the evening, Biler’a,” the alto melody called out. “Perhaps there’s something else that we can do for one another?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread