Beneath the Starlit Sky
[html]

500+

The female accepted the male’s smile as she rested her head upon her arms. The pained warrior let out contented sigh when the male spoke again. His voice was strange, his words stranger upon the woad bound ears. The black fae lifted her head, watching with calmly, her tranquil expression unmoved by his outburst. But internally, the female was quite taken aback by the male, for she had not expected such a thing. His voice was loud, strained, but his face seemed confused and wild. And then he fell silent, closing his eyes, hiding them from her searching orbs. The female was silent, almost confused by his sudden change. But finally she said, “Do you desire me so much that you seek to change yourself?” and the alto voice was almost tentative. But she did not understand it. “Please do not beg to know such things. It does not become you.” The female seemed unhappy then, and she placed her head upon her paws, closing her own eyes against him. But she wondered at his words. I won’t just leave after you, he had said. What did that imply? That he would be back for more satisfaction? Or that he sought mateship? The female was displeased. She did not think of herself that way. With her eyes closed, the female murmured to him, “In battle, both the mind and the body must be solid and unchanging, like the earth. Only the spirit may be free like the wind.”

The woman lifted her gaze once more, considering the male before her. It was as if by the mentioning of such things, the scars rose up against it. Her breath caught with the new wave of pain that came stronger than the rest, gritting her teeth, but it caused her to snarl. “I do not require your help,” and her quiet melody was as black as a void. But then, the pain lessened, as she released her breath, her eyes clearing. “Forgive me,” she almost whispered, and turned her gaze away. The frustration in herself rose again. She did not like this weakness that so readily rose from within her. She was frustrated that the pain of her body could undo her control so easily, undo the training. Her left hand gripped the grass as her body tensed with another wave of pain, but she was silent this time, steeled against herself, determined to overcome the weakness in herself. The same weakness that had brought defeat to her body. And she was silent for a while until, when the pain subsided, she turned back to the yellow-eyed male. “I must endure alone and conquer this weakness,” the alto melody told him, and the white gaze slowly lifted, hoping that the other male would understand. She was not angry with him, only with herself.

The female exhaled softly, as if she were trying to laugh. It was not a mocking sound, but she could not understand him still. “What is pleasant about the company of a wounded warrior, Biler’a?” Her quiet melody demanded to know. She fell silent once more as her labored breathing was quieted. The white orbs were fixed upon a single blade of grass in the distance, her mind wandering in the depths of her mind, searching for something and finding nothing. The warrior looked back to the male. “What is so desiring about me?” and she held the question openly upon her white orbs. Perhaps she did not only wish to ask this of him, but of the others who had desired her, regardless of how few there were. Perhaps they were fooled by the woad upon her body. That had always been her suspicion.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread