Mornings are pink
[html]

Word count: 375

The little girl seemed to doubt his intentions for a split second, before clumsily letting go of the blanket. It seemed she could not quite do that either, but she shook her head a little and down it fell, although her head bumped into his leg a little. Naturally, the preoccupied child did not notice very much - she was busy, after all, playing with her Toefur. Her speech problems were very cute, Dawali thought, and they would likely disappear in not long, when she started speaking more and to different people. Everything balanced itself out in the end, whatever defect small children seemed to have. Or at least often, but those with truly serious defects most of the time did not make it - sadly. Dawali didn't want to think about that, nor was he given the time to do so. His yellow eyes followed the girl's eager movements towards the toy, and meanwhile he folded the blanket out on the ground. Right here by the tree base some of the snow was not as thick, but it didn't really matter. If the blanket got wet it was easy enough to hang it over a branch later to dry.

With efforts the girl dragged the toy in his direction, before climbing onto his leg again. Her paws made several punches at his stomach, and for a few moments Dawali was really confused. What did she mean? Obviously, there was something she wanted him to do. The child swayed for a second, but caught her balance again, and this time spoke - revealing the mystery to the red wolf male. Smiling, Dawali took hold of her and lifted her gently as he arranged his other leg, sitting down in a lotus position. That's true, I'm very tired, he said, putting the girl down on his knee again so she could stand by herself. But you know, grown ups are not so important as children, and I think Toefur is much more tired! Bending over a little, the male got hold of his blanket and spread it over his lap, making a sort of cradle with it atop his thighs. This is almost like a bed for him - it would be a nice, warm place for Toefur to sleep, I think.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin

[/html]

Messages In This Thread