at least, it sounded like him
[html]

I don't know, the boy echoed his father's answer for the question directed at him. I told her I didn't want her to come in the first place, he added. The next few moments were spent staring hard at his father. Arkham rarely felt anything for others; the apathy came naturally to him and he was generally indifferent. His family though, seemed able to draw small bits of emotional response from him. He was here to see if his sister would be safe, after all. That had come naturally too. And now he found himself wishing there was something he could do for his father, this poor man before him that didn't seem to know anything about himself. It was useless though. He was young and weak, helpless in this complicated matter he had not begun to touch the surface of.

You seem okay though, he told the man, Just stay like this. As if it was really that easy. I'm sorry I can't help more. And he meant it too. Despite that though, the uneasiness of being around a person so unpredictable and foreign to him was still there and Arkham turned to leave as quickly as he had come.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread