at least, it sounded like him
[html]

If he could take it back, he could. He would take back everything and save his mother instead of himself. He thought about it too often, all the things that could have gone right if he, very simply, had not been born. Laruku could only hope his children did not turn into disasters themselves, that they broke the mold where he never could and turned into something better. This one, Arkham Lykoi, seemed to be turning out well, but who could really tell? Once upon a time, he had tried to be a good person too, tried hard even, but sometimes, most of the time, things just didn't work out. I don't know, he told his son, I can't know. Ryoujoku was the only person who knew whether or not Rachias was actually safe, but same brain or not, same person or not, Laruku could not crack that nut open and so the rest of the world would be left in the dark.

I don't want to hurt her, the tawny male continued, But there's no way of knowing. Because the only thing he knew for certain anymore was that he was a fuck-up and that was unpredictable. Do you think she'd go home if you asked her to? His voice couldn't sound hopeful, even if he wanted to feel that way; he didn't think Arkham would be able to sway her anyway, no matter that Faolin had said they were close.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread