we can get away with this
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I love Jefferson <3

Sometimes with Jefferson, things got confusing for her. He reminded her a lot of her own dad, scarred up and gruff...but with a fierce, caring side deep down. Cerulean had always taken time to show her things if she hadn't understood, and had told her that she could do anything if she put her mind to it. Jeff always encouraged her like that too, delighting in her triumphs and bringing her spirits back up when she felt defeated. He was so much like Cerulean that she sometimes felt the word slipping out without her thinking about it. The D word. She wouldn't have minded calling him dad, but she didn't know what he thought about it. He took real good care of her, but he wasn't her real dad. But would it be ok for her to call him that anyway, and pretend?

As soon as the squirrel was out of her mouth she was shouting, squealing and jumping up and down. "I did it! I did it!! I got it!" She could barely believe it herself! Jeff was continuing the lesson, though, and she stopped jumping so that she could watch what he was doing with his hands. The squirrel looked really frightened, and she wondered whether it was time to let it go now. She had probably hurt its tail, biting it like that, and it would need some time to heal probably. "Yeah! Now it can go back home to its family" She smiled, watching the animal scamper away. The squirrel was going to go home and see its children and its mate, probably. And then Jefferson and her would go home too. They were a family, like the squirrel and its family. "We can go home too, Dad?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread