The One I Seek
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2hrctw6.png); width: 519px; height: 437px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 5px; position: relative; left: 100px; top: 55px; width: 280px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

The man dashed through the night lands like a wraith. Moving so quickly that anyone he passed would have thought it just a breeze passing through the tree limbs. He wasn't sure why he felt the need to patrol outside of the city this evening. Just a gut feeling. He had found through the years that his gut was usually not wrong. Perhaps it pertained to the mass murderer that was out there somewhere, probably searching for his next victims. If only he had come across the crime scene earlier. He might have been able to gather more clues. Unfortunately by the time he had reached it the only scent was that of death and decay. The only clues he had were the dismembered arms and the splinters of wood. Barely anything at all.

The coyote stopped in a rather large tree, hidden eyes searching the surrounding area. Black nose sniffed at the air, seeing if there were any scents of interest. Ears perked when he caught the scent of the woman he had sparred with, Cwmfen, on the night air. Mixed with the faded yet unmistakable smell of blood. A small inkling of concern grew in his mind and he leapt to the next tree, following her smell. Whatever had caused the blood had not happened this day. Still, perhaps she needed some sort of assistance. Maybe she had come across someone who could be a potential suspect in this case.

Silently stopping in a nearby tree, he saw her banded form sprawled out near the small lake. It appeared that she was in no need of immediate assistance, so he sat there watching for a few moments. Not because he was suspicious of her. It was just his routine. Observe and then make contact. A lifelong habit that would be impossible to break. He watched as she grabbed something off of the ground and brought it up to her nose. Quietly he jumped down from the tree and stood there, allowing her to see him. "You okay Cwmfen?" Onus' feet were planted in the ground, waiting for her leave to approach.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread