sins of the priestess
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... parent.png);background-position:top-left;background-repeat:no-repeat;" cellspacing="1">

Firefly only confirmed what Cercelee already knew. No word on the children. There was never any word on them. Their scents had all but faded from Haku’s cabin too. Cercelee did not write them off just yet, but she did not expect to recover the pups, to believe that they could be recovered might set her up for disappointment. While in her personal life, and love life especially, the Rosea was an idealist and day dreamer, when it came to the pack she was a realist. She did not expect the best, nor the worst, only what was most likely.

Cercelee considered the women’s question and found she had no answer. “Who am I to judge your mothering skills, Firefly? I am not a mother, I know very little of children. We live in a world where bad things happen, we can’t always prevent them.” But maybe Cer could have prevented this. It had happened during the pack meeting, when she had assembled everyone, leaving no one to guard the borders. Wasn’t that her fault? “Am I a bad leader? Have I let the pack down?” Why weren’t they able to find the children, shouldn’t her pack be more fine tuned and skilled? Shouldn’t they have enough heart to search until it was sure the children were dead or no longer in the lands? Weren’t these her shortcomings, not Firefly’s?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread