A shark's blank eyes mask its hunger
Thanks a lot! It occurred to me that I'd never seen anyone play a stupid character, so I figured...why not go for big and dumb?

Brennt said nothing for a moment, his face impassive, but his mind restless. Banekyles knew Cwmfen, but didn't hate her, which meant that they weren't the same, and might mean that he expected Brennt to explain himself, and would probably defend Cwmfen. He didn't want to fight the black wolf, the black wolf was as big as him, and hadn't gotten into a fight recently, and seemed too comfortable...he didn't like wolves that were so comfortable and confident like that, though he didn't know the confidence was why he didn't like them. When someone else was confident, it made him less confident, it made him see them as better or dominant, a natural response to such behavior, and one which reminded him that he wasn't in control.

"She said she knew how to fight big wolves, so she hurt me. But she started it. I could fight people too, but I don't start it. That's bad, and you're not supposed to." He didn't have much in the way of arguments, especially since he wasn't completely conscious that he was embarrassed at having lost, and thus not sure why he was arguing or to what end, exactly. For the most part, Brennt ran on automatic, and if his impulses landed him in a hard spot, there was always instinct to fall back on, which he had been leaning on quite heavily since coming to this place.

He could find food here, but as usual it was his social interactions which got him in trouble. This land had plenty of food and plenty of shelter, but it also had plenty of wolves, and he could not readily make friends, or in the case with Cwmfen, find mates. Brennt would have--with no small degree of anxiety--fallen into the role of father if it had been possible. He was capable of love, he had loved his mother more than any other puppy had ever loved any other mommy, he knew, but his social maturity was severely limited. Not until he shed the words from his mind could he truly make sense of the things that mattered. It was the words that everyone else used, and everyone else that used them, that made life so much more complicated than it needed to be.

Messages In This Thread