hallowed desires
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Allegro posed to him a rather curious question. Jefferson's reaction was unsurprising: green eye thinned, scowl lengthened, expression hardened. Why would she ask such things? Did she really expect him to be that stupid, to throw away all his sharpened wits for some girl? Did Allegro really expect him to be so whimsical and carefree, even if they hardly still knew each other? Why would he bother with love, anyway? Jefferson was a one-man army; his armor was invincible, his attitude insurmountable. He was the unbreakable leader of Phoenix Valley--there was no way he would let himself go to some girl. Intense feelings? Happiness? He knew no such emotions.

In the midst of his thoughts, his vision fell to the backburner. When prepared to respond, his sense of reality kicked back in--and for a moment, he could have sworn Allegro's eyes were a familiar shade of light green, at which his whole body jumped in alarm and his heart choked and sputter in sheer surprise. A moment of self-collection told him otherwise and he quickly shook his head in frustration. "No! I fucking hate that shit!" His reaction was a bit much, perhaps. Realization of this calmed the storm as quickly as possible. Collecting himself once more, Jefferson rolled his shoulders and looked away. "...Give me a break. Keep all your warmth and happiness shit to yourself."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread