thread title missing
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He smiled a little at the child's blunt remarks; a brief explanation was all it took to put him at ease. It would be good for the little girl to have been exposed to serious fear, even if early in life, and hoped such knowledge and memories would lead to hesitations and cautiousness in future events. Addison needed to know that both he and any other guardians she managed to befriend and hook would be at the ready to protect her, but her reliance on them could not last too long. She was still young, yes, but she would have to fend for herself eventually. Amidst such thoughts, his contemplative single eye raised again to Geneva, curious of her thoughts, and caught her expression a shocked and unusual one for once. Her words were shaky and flushed; Jefferson's expression hardened to that of concern, whether or not he was aware of it, and he watched her for a brief moment before shaking himself out of such a daze and turning back to the little girl.

"Addison..." He started. How could he word himself? Hell, he was bad at this. "You have to be more careful. You're still little, but I can't always watch over you. There might be a time when I won't be able to." Though his head did not turn, his eye subtly glanced back at Geneva, but returned again soon thereafter. "You were just lucky that Geneva was here this time." He straightened his shoulders and glanced her way again, green eye introspective and affixing a solid, unbreakable gaze on her as if he could see right past her own olive eyes. "...Are you all right?" The Patriarch said slowly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread