left its seeds while i was sleeping
[html]
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5443 ... 6b9oco.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Irritation was beginning to crawl from the back of her mind to the forefront, as the questioning of the warrior woman continued. Hadn't Sabeen made it perfectly clear she wasn't aware of what had happened? She frowned and crossed her arms. 'No.' The dressclad lady still wasn't aware of what had happened to her daughter or where she had been recently. Her mind crawled backwards but only landed at the meeting, then at Firefly's, where she had been informed that Svara didn't live. She went forward and landed at the needles in her veins, the rush and fall, Leroy, Deuce, her ficklest friend.

Lost, trying to place herself, she missed Cwmfen's next words, but they weren't necessary. Not until the blue-marked woman answered her own questions, sounding rough, or as rough as she could. Her eyes narrowed at the implication of the other's sentence, but she remained silent, wanting to hear the answer; the answer that came gave her a shock. Blinded? That she hadn't expected. Dropping her arms to her sides, Sabeen fixed her even gaze on the warrior's white eyes. 'I don't like what you're insinuating. I smell nothing.' She looked down to the dagger again, coming to the conclusion that it was the weapon. And furthermore, if you're implying that that-' she pointed to the weapon, '-was the weapon used against Svara, I can assure you I have not touched it.'

She drew her shoulders back, raising her head defiantly at her implied charges. 'Let me elucidate this to you: I have not touched my daughter in any way. Nor have I any desire to even see her, let alone seek her out and harm her.' It was always the past, past, past, but she hated the past and she hated her child and wanted a clean slate. Never would happen, though. She thought briefly of Svara but felt no sadness for the injured child. It could, after all, safely be assumed that the witch had invoked whoever to place that attack on her. Sabeen stood before Cwmfen, oblivious to the truth but ready to die defending her 'innocence'.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread