here in my quiet satellite
Geneva masked a smile with a cough this time. He seemed to try to hide from parts of himself that he displayed in plain sight. It was like that with love, affection - whatever it was he felt toward Addison. The gray wolfess sensed that whatever emotion he wanted to call it, that it was a positive influence on the Patriarch. He was so distant most of the time. It was good that he let someone in of his own volition. Geneva could try to find the chinks in his armor, try to find a way in through his walls, but in the end she would end up going against the grain. It was good for him to let someone in without a fight. Although he still insisted on fighting the truth. Geneva hoped one day that he wouldn't struggle with it so much. That wasn't a good way to live.

Clearing her throat, she regarded the one-eyed brute again. "So...everything!" she said in response to his "so what?" That phrase was something that got on her nerves for no reason. Still, her tone only held a trace of annoyance, defiance. There was still laughter there, mingled within everything else in a confusing conglomeration. She had gotten used to mixed emotions, jumbled thoughts around Jefferson. He seemed to disorganize her mind at the strangest of times, a mystery that made sense one moment that was shrouded in secrecy in the next instant. She had learned to embrace the enigma instead of bristling at it.

The wolfess stretched again, feeling her limbs infused with warmth from the fire. "I'm glad we got the chance to talk," the wolfess said sincerely. This conversation had been fun for her, a treat when she got to look into the depths of this man. She got up, carrying her book and pen with her. "I'm going to go put pen to paper a bit more. I'll be down the hall if you need me." She winked at the Patriarch, hoping to get a rise out of him, before turning to walk down the hall, seeking her own bubble of solitude for the next stretch of time.

Messages In This Thread