Say a little prayer for me
[html]
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/9070/jazper1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She was disgusted, he could tell that before she even spoke it, and Jasper's ears fell back even tighter against his head. "Sorry." It was all he could manage in his confusion, though the clear part was that he hadn't wanted to upset or, in this case, disgust anyone. "I'll leave." In this instance it seemed the only thing that would remedy the situation. He could leave and then so would her disgust. At least that way he might be able to go back in to hiding and not have to chance another run in with anyone who would dislike him.

Jasper knew that it wouldn't be that easy. She wouldn't just let him up and leave, thinking that he didn't belong there. If anything, he was certain, she would take him out of the lands in pieces. If anything, even if she did let him slip away, he knew that he couldn't just leave the fire burning. He may have been childish in his ways but he was at least smart enough to know that. At her words his eyes lifted, grazing across her face for only a second, and it was in that moment that she realized just how much she resembled his half-brother.

"Corona said I could stay. She's my sister." He answered the younger woman after a moment of hesitation, having trouble resisting the urge to look at her once more. "You're Talitha?" The question was a quiet one, if not a slightly frightened one. It was a bold thing to ask but he had already met Ezekiel, which meant the only one of his niece and nephew that he hadn't met had been her. He could remember when his father told him about them, how excited he had been at the prospect of seeing them. That had been so long ago, though.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread