Waiting for the world to change
[html]

WC: 304

Jasper edged nearer as well, the two fragile souls drawn magnetically together. Snowflakes whirled about them, settling on his mane of dark hair, on her long eyelashes, on their wet nose tips. There was some irresistible quality to this timid man, something that she could not tear her eyes away from. Was it that they shared some fundamental fear of the world around them? Or was it simply that she had never really encountered someone she could relate to so easily...

Laurie. What a sweet, tender nickname. Jasper had changed so instantly at the mention of his lover - stunned, breathless, hopeful, even afraid of what he'd find. It was clear the shy wolf still loved Laurent, which was enough to move Coli's lonely heart. The time they had spent apart must have been cruel to both of them, and she hoped the distance they faced now would not be too great for them to reunite. "He... he was hurt, Jasper. Trying to find someone to help you... He said you were sick." The memory of the big male's vivid electric-blue eyes resurfaced in her mind, the way his voice had cracked as he explained, 'My mate got sick. I had to find my sister, she's a healer...but then I got hurt. I think I got back too late...'

She hesitated for a moment, biting her lip as she remembered how he had been a shell of a man. Would he still be there, waiting, yearning for what he once had? It had been some moons ago. What if... what if it was too late, and he had given up hope? She shook her head vigorously, to clear away those negative thoughts. "Jasper, he's back, he's staying in the old abandoned city, and he still needs you. Can you... go to him?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread