live vicariously
[html]
300+

The boy was glad to see that DaVinci thought that the family gathering could still happen. The more he thought about the idea the more he liked it. He was pretty sure that none of his siblings had met their hybrid uncle or their cousins. If Sky and Ty came back for the summer it would be perfect. They all could play and get to know each other. It then occurred to him that by that time all of them would almost be full grown adults. That didn't mean they couldn't still play, but it would be a different sort of play than would have taken place a month or so ago. Suddenly he felt that his childhood had flown by, even though he wasn't quite a grown up yet. How strange.

Oh. So his mother did know. Maybe that was part of the explanation of the strain he had been feeling at home. Still, he felt there was more to it than that. It was that "more" that made him uneasy and was one of the reasons he had stayed from the packlands for so long. Longer than he ever had before. "Oh, I see." Part of him was glad that he wouldn't have to deliver the news himself, but another part felt guilty for being so long absent after her learning such news. She was probably having a hard time and he wasn't there for her. He resolved after this visit he would return home.

Haven smiled broadly at his uncle as he chuckled at his comment. It made him feel good that he'd been able to make the man laugh and feel better, even if only for a moment. "Oh, I know. I'd like to see you try and stop me," he said with a wink. The Aatte male was a man of his word. He wouldn't let his uncle deal with his problems all on his own. Even if they never really talked about it, he could at least provide company.

As the steel hybrid said that he'd do it and motioned for the kid to follow Haven had to suppress a happy bark. Excitement flooded his system and his feet followed his uncle down the dirt road. "Awesome!" He held the ring tightly in his hand, afraid of losing it now. The last thing he wanted was to miss out on this opportunity now that he had been granted it! Now that he thought about it he didn't know what to expect. What piercing his ear would entail. He wasn't afraid though. It was just another adventure.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread