live vicariously
DaVinci couldn't help but laugh at the questions he was pelted with. Shaking his head he glanced out the window at the late winter outside as he sighed. "I wasn't much of a pirate, but it was a pirate's ship that we hopped across the sea." He smiled sadly as he glanced back to Haven. "It was exciting and dangerous. I miss being at sea and in Eire.. but this is my home now." He wished that he could combine the best of all the places but he couldn't. He had to settle for what he had. Putting up the tools he'd used the male turned to look at the young boy as he strained the water from the washcloth he'd used. "well, Eire.. is also called Ireland. It's almost directly across the sea from where we're at. The wolves there live differently than we do here.. they speak a different language too.." He missed his friends there but he'd made his choice and he wouldn't moan about it.

DaVinci finished up and leaned against the mantle as he watched the boy examining his new looks. Davinci smiled to himself as the boy gave him assurance that he wasn't in much danger of getting in trouble. He nodded in agreement to the words the boy said, "Well I'm glad you like it.." He wondered if the young boy's mind would change in later years, but he knew it was always easier to get rid of the earrings that to get them in. All in all it really didn't matter he guessed. If he hadn't done it someone else probably would have.

When Haven turned to gaze at the snowy landscape outside and his mind turned to that of the prospects of heading home Davinci nodded and grinned. "Don't want to get caught out in the weather if she turns.." he said as he walked to the door of the cottage and opened it while Haven finished stretching. He smiled to the youth and winked. "I'll hold you to that Haven. Say hello to your mother for me too.. when you get home" He hoped that the boy made it there fine but he figured he would be ok, he'd made it this far on his own and it wasn't like he was a baby anymore.

Messages In This Thread