Weaving a story of pity
[html]
Word Count: 374

Dawali followed the strange male a few yards in the direction he had come from, and soon his "den" was revealed. Dawali frowned slightly, lasting only a second, before he smoothed his face - that was hardly a den at all. And for a wolf this size... It didn't look very comfortable. The red wolf merely nodded as Mahlouk presented him with the little space, and his mind started working feverishly when the male spotted the outline of.. a teddy bear? Why did this male have a teddy bear, if he was not.. challenged. Or broken. Children had toys, not grown wolves. Children spoke in third person... His line of thought was broken when Mahlouk's deep voice professed an urge to know of Ayegali's whereabouts. Dawali's eyes looked to the white-pelted male, and saw that he - too - had been looking at the teddy bear. Mahlouk's face showed no feeling, however, and Dawali could assume nothing. Before he could muster enough brain power to speak - as he was quite unsettled by everything - the strange young male spoke again. Puzzle pieces clicked into place. Sadly, Dawali was right. This male, with all his scars, could not be on the level of a grown wolf. He had been scarred, it seemed, on purpose, and probably it had been too much for him. Hence the makeshift "den", the teddy bear, the odd ways of speaking. An urge to help Mahlouk, even though he had not asked for it, rose in the sub-leader, but he was just quiet now, not puzzled, not amazed. With a serious face, he looked at the broken male in front of him. Ayegali is my leader, as she is yours, and I am second in command. Dawali paused, looking for the right words. Hesitantly, he spoke again, not wanting to, but feeling as if it was proper. Mahlouk had brought it up, after all. Ayegali is good at painting tattoos, and she keeps her promises. Scarring is painful, too. Again Dawali paused, and his eyes watched the male, who kept averting his eyes. Finally, he spoke for the third time, taking care to not have the flaring torch too close to the male. Are you frightened of me, Mahlouk?

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]

Messages In This Thread