Weaving a story of pity
[html]

Word Count: 368

His assumptions were only proven to be correct with every sentence Mahlouk spoke, and though Dawali hadn't labeled him exactly unintelligent, it was clear to him that Mahlouk would struggle to fit in amongst the grown wolves in this tribe. Of course, he would get the contacts he needed and all of that, but with his looks and unaffected face, combined with his speech..habits, he would never be considered the average wolf, at least not with first meeting. As he replied to Dawali's question he kept averting his gaze, and it drove the male to anger. This male had come from people who had burnt him with fire, who had scarred his pelt in horrible ways, and obviously taught him that he should not look at pack members, and was not equal. It was folly all of it, and Dawali felt an urge to shout out at the injustice paid to this young creature. Whoever he had been living with before had obviously not taught the male to take care of himself - a den like this one simply wouldn't suffice. Finally, after a few moments' silence, Dawali spoke out, but he had quenched his anger. He did not want to sound angry or threatening, because what he felt wasn't directed at the male in front of him. Instead he forced his voice to be normal, casual, but kind. No one here will burn you, I promise you that. And please.. look at me if you want. If you want to show me respect, or anyone else, you should look at them, at least sometimes. The red wolf tilted his head sideways as he studied Mahlouk again, then shook his head at all these thoughts in his head that the young one had caused him. His left foot took a single step forward, and carefully and slowly he swung the torch so he could get a better light to look at the den, although the motion was done on the other side of Mahlouk. As he'd thought, it was no fancy thing. Quickly retreating to where he had been standing, he spoke to the male again. Do you want a nicer den, Mahlouk? One with more space?

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]

Messages In This Thread