Outside in the cold distance, A wild cat did growl
I apologize if the quality of my writing has fallen somewhat. Finals are near, and there are at least two other factors that are dragging me down over the last few days. I think I'll be in better sorts as the thread wears on =) As for Jazper, I was thinking maybe he knocks Brennt right off of his feet, then makes sure Mati is okay, and Brennt uses that opportunity to shift?

Brennt stood wordlessly before the small girl, breathing heavily, the warm air from his lungs crystalizing in the frigid air, becoming a steamy cloud as it hit her fur. The thought of her smelling his breath, of the association between her nose and his insides, lit up his brain, and his slavering maw drew up into a feral grin, a show of genuine excitement and childlike glee. He considered saying something to her, but he decided against it. Besides, he couldn't make words right now, anyway. He was preoccupied, and it was hard to make words.

Despite his smiling mouth and bared fangs, looking into his eyes was like seeking a reflection in a stagnant pond...opaque, its surface still, coated perhaps with stale growth, not the crystal-clear and reflective surface of a healthy stream. A wolf couldn't see through those eyes, couldn't find what was beyond them. Like a shark, whose eyes were blank, belying the massive, dreadful hunger which commanded the beast's teeth, the yellow irises of Brennt's spoke nothing of the primitive, hungry monster beneath.

With a low bark, the large wolf reared up onto its hind legs, head tilted to the side to take the neck of the pup in its jaws, preparing to come down and press it into the dirt and snow with all the monster's weight. It would crush the throat against the ground and between its teeth, and it would shake her, shake her violently and continually until whatever mewling she could manage in answer to the pain was silenced. Then, in that golden, wordless silence, Brennt would eat, and he would be pleased with his meal.

Messages In This Thread