Outside in the cold distance, A wild cat did growl
I assume that Jazper will be damaging him in turn as they battle in the third paragraph? I think this makes sense, though I don't remember exactly the way we decided it would go down...but without food, it makes sense that Brennt would flee from a larger, stronger opponent? This thread is oldish at this point, and with Mati running away, it seems like a good time to cut it short? Besides, I'm thinking they may meet again before all is said and done?

The predator didn't think along the proper lines to be disappointed itself, though a more normal mentality might have been for failing to kill the larger wolf while on top. When it ended up beneath the larger male, its legs were relatively free, and none of its enemy's weight was directly atop it. Nonetheless, the blow which came was powerful and jarring. Blows from such a large creature might be as damaging as claw lacerations if applied in the right places, and the skull was certainly a rattling place to be struck by a fist.

The beast was out of sorts for a few moments, during which it might have sustained further injury and been unaware due to the blossoming pain and surge of adrenaline. As it came to, it acted, before a modern mind would have known what to do, and certainly before Brennt's slow-moving mind should have returned to its senses, instinct propelled both clawed hands to around the black wolf's neck, sinking claws beneath the fur, into the flesh. The thick arms brought the beast up from under its attacker, and brought its jaws up to the black wolf's face. From such a position, it would be protected from being struck in the head again, and also it would be free to savage its enemy with its teeth, and promptly attempted to do so.

The attack was desperately strong, an adrenal urgency pumping through the predator's muscles, making them stronger and faster than they should have been. Despite the arms, legs, hands and feet they possessed, it was teeth the creature used, bringing them in close again and again until the two struggling forms were upright enough for the predator to get its feet on the ground and disengage in a burst of motion.

Bloodied and snarling, the beast sniffed the air, and knew that its prey had escaped. It wanted to kill the creature before it, but the battle--despite the successful attacks it had made since the guardian had arrived--was not in its favor. Without food to fight for, and no room for pride in its bestial mind, it turned tail and fled, back the way it had come.

Messages In This Thread