A Desperate Plea (Joining)
OOC Name: Namora
Preferred method of contact: PMs
Character Name: Barix Relato
Character Age: 1 year
Character Gender: Male
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci Ortus
How did you hear about 'Souls?: An online RPG advertising resource site

"Whoa!" Barix yelped as he almost skidded in the slushy snow. It had been raining for days, slightly melting the snow and making the ground very slippery. Even in Lupus form, he had to concentrate in order to keep his balance.

"Are you listening?" the older, gray wolf grumbled next to him, frowning. "This is really important, you know." Pointing with his head, he led him to a path lined with denser trees to help shield themselves from the constant, torrential downpour.

Flashing his best toothy grin, Barix replied, "Of course I'm listening, Uncle! Now what were you saying?" As his uncle began to speak, Barix again allowed his mind to wander as he contemplated the challenge that lay before him. He was about to join a pack that he knew little about all by himself. Sure, Uncle Rodel was with him for now, but he'd realized long ago that the older Luperci wouldn't leave Grandfather's pack, not even for his favorite- and only-nephew. Feeling his stomach tying itself in knots, he stopped suddenly when he saw a long barb-wire fence stretching out in front of them as if warning them to turn back. Taking a deep breath, he walked forward again, noting a small break in the bottom of the fence. "We've been given good direction," he mused aloud, trying to sound cheerful.

"... Now remember to be very respectful, especially to the leader. Don't forget to be submissive, Barix. You could get into a heck of a lot of trouble if you don't, you know...." his uncle rambled on, apparently oblivious to everything else. Barix sighed and listened politely, his temper growing shorter and shorter by the second, especially since he'd had to listen to this same kind of advice throughout the journey.

"Uncle.....," he growled, trying to interrupt his barrage of last minute advice but to no avail. He knew that he meant well, but he wished that he would trust him a little more. "Enough!" he barked suddenly, sharp and clear, losing his patience. Forcing a smile, he laid a paw on his uncle's shoulder. "Don't worry, Uncle. I'll be fine. This pack claims to accept all kinds of canines, right? There's nothing to worry about. G-good-bye, Uncle...."

After glaring sternly at his young charge at his sudden outburst, Rodel softened and returned a strained grin. "I'm sure you're right.... Be sure to watch that barking though since full-blood wolves rarely bark. You would think that being eighty-percent timber wolf would be enough to keep you from having that kind of problem...." Sighing, he continued, "Anyway, I'm sure that this'll just be temporary. Dad'll cool down eventually, after all he can't blame you for his daughter mating a wolf-dog and giving birth to you. I don't know why he's being so stubborn about this... Guess he's always had the idea that each should stick to their own 'kind.' Well, see you around, kid." Slowly turning into his Halfling form, Uncle Rodel turned around and sped back through the forest, leaving Barix alone with his thoughts.

He's just trying to make me feel better. Grandpa's never going to change his mind..., Barix decided, shaking his head sadly. This would be the start of his new life, so he might as well make the best of it. Crawling through the hole in the fence, he decided to settle down and wait, rather than announce his arrival. As time passed slowly by, he stared at his paws, telling himself over and over that this pack wouldn't care about his slight German Shepherd blood, but his grandfather's obvious prejudice made it hard to convince himself. Well, he looked mostly like a wolf. Would they even notice the difference? Maybe they would overlook his taller, pointier ears, narrower snout, slightly smaller head and other small differences. He sighed heavily, not entirely convinced.

Messages In This Thread