A Desperate Plea (Joining)
(OOC: I'm pretty much done with my profile now if you want to look at it, but it probably could do with some editing, so please don't judge it too harshly. Wink )

Staring curiously off into the forest, Barix didn't hear the approach of the stranger and the foal until they were almost on top of him, and he jumped a little when the older male spoke. "Hi," he answered sheepishly, a little embarrassed at his obvious nervousness but encouraged by other's cheerful voice. As he smiled politely, his eyes drifted to the foal, tilting his head a little as he wondered what it was. He was confused by the way the other wolf led it around since he'd never seen a domesticated animal or a rope. The closest thing that he'd ever seen to such an animal was deer, but this creature was obviously very different, especially since it seemed to lack any horns at all and had a mane. He ached so badly to examine it closer and to bombard the stranger with a million questions about it and the AniWaya pack in general but reminded himself in time that manners should always come first. He briefly considered shifting to his ongime form but decided that would take far too long.

For a few horrible seconds, Barix's face fell as he feared that he'd forgotten all that his uncle had taught him. Finally, with his face brightening, he slowly and methodically lowered his body closer to the ground, folded his ears back halfway, tucked his tail firmly between his legs, and turned his gaze toward the ground at the other wolve's feet. He stayed silent for several more seconds mentally checking the position of each body part, clumsily swaying a little.

Satisfied, he broadened his smile and announced in the most formal voice he could muster, "I'm Barix Raleto, sir, and I wish...," He trailed off as he tried to find the right words. "I hope to join your pack. I'm a very hard worker!" He grimaced slightly as the last sentence flew from his mouth because it made him feel too much like some kind of wandering salesman trying to sell a product.

Waiting anxiously for the response, he tried to predict what questions he might be asked to answer and remind himself of his prepared answers. He felt like he could handle anything except trying to explain his past or heritage, but he doubted that older Luperci cared very much about something like that.

Messages In This Thread