A Desperate Plea (Joining)
(OOC: Thank you.)

At the sound of chuckling, Barix glanced up to see an amused smile on the red wolf's face, and he found that he couldn't help but laugh a little himself. Even he could see that he was trying a bit too hard, but it was often better to do too much than not enough. Since he was a complete stranger to the area, he didn't want to risk jeopardizing his chance of joining AniWaya and having to find yet another pack. Wandering around alone in these lands with no idea of where to go wasn't an idea that appealed to him.

When he heard him mention that he was the sub-leader, he actually felt a little relieved because this Luperci seemed very nice and friendly. Nothing like the way his grandfather acted toward him. He shivered a little at the memory of Goran's venomous glares as he walked past the den that Barix and Uncle Rodel had resided in. To Barix, he'd always seemed to carry an air of power and intimidation that kept other wolves in line, which was likely how he became the Alpha in the first place, though Barix much preferred this affable sub-leader. He wondered what the other members of the pack were like... Would he be able to fit in and find a home here or was he doomed to never find a place to belong? Would he discover friends here? These questions and many others bounced around constantly in his mind, albeit he knew that he couldn't find the answers to them quite yet.

Turning his mind back to the conversation, Barix watched as the other male calmed the maned creature, and he responded, "Thank you, Dawali. I'm pleased to meet you." At the question concerning his skills, Barix silently thanked his uncle for instructing and preparing him for this before answering, thoughtfully, "Well, I don't know if you would really call it 'special' or anything like that, but I'm very good at tracking as well as navigating by the sun and stars, although I don't know how much good that's going to be until I'm a little more familiar with the area. It's no good knowing which direction north is if you have no idea where it will lead you." The last sentence was something that his uncle had said many times, and Barix sighed softly, knowing that these memories might be all that he has left of him now.

When a sudden thought came to him, pushing aside the others, Barix shot Dawali a playful, mysterious smile, hoping to perk his curiosity. "I do have one more talent. It's not at all useful or practical, but it is entertaining. I could tell you about it, but I think it's something that's better shown than explained, which I'll have to remember to do at some time. That is, if you're interested." <And if I hopefully get into the pack,> Barix added to himself silently. He waited, breathlessly as he waited to hear the decision.

Messages In This Thread