A Desperate Plea (Joining)
(OOC: Heh, I should’ve been the one apologizing for making you wait. Anyway, I think that at this point we’re just trying to get this done. Guess this could probably be the last post. )

In the short pause after Barix finished speaking, he became almost completely still, his only movement being a slight trembling in his legs and tail. With his heart pounding in his chest, he listened carefully as Dawali began to answer. After the first two sentences passed, his tail began a hopeful wag even as he cocked his head to the side at an unfamiliar word. “Foal?” he thought aloud, his pronunciation of the word a little off. At that moment, Dawali chose to give the creature that he seemed to lead around a gentle pat and Barix nodded as he came to the obvious truth. Pointing a paw at the animal, he answered his own question, "Oh, right. I’ll have to remember to be careful." While it was true that he shifted a lot more than the other members of his old pack, he still spent most of his time in wolf form. He felt that it would take some time to change this particular habit, but well, if everyone else tended to stay in Optime form, maybe the transition would be easier and more natural than he thought it would be. Oh, well. Either way he didn’t feel like it would be much of a problem.

When the red wolf smiled kindly at him and welcomed him to AniWaya, Barix’s tail wagged harder and faster to the point to the point of being a furry blur, and his yellow eyes shone as a wide smile spread across his face, completely erasing the earlier tension. He took a small step forward and opened his mouth to speak but struggled with finding words to express his gratitude. "W-wow, thanks so much! I’m going to do my best!" He shook his head, words failing him again. For the first real time in his life, he had a place to call home and would actually be considered part of the pack. He would have duties he would be expected to do, and best of all, if Dawali’s attitude toward him was any indication, he wouldn’t just be considered ‘that wolfdog’ anymore.

As he began to realize more and more of what this really meant, he felt some of his nervousness returning. Meeting new people wasn’t one of his strong suits, which was something, unfortunately, that he’d be doing a lot of for a while. He had much to learn… Time to start a new chapter of his life.

Messages In This Thread